USD 417 Vacancies
Apply Online - Classified Staff Application
Download - Classified Application
Apply Online - Licensed Staff Application
Download - Licensed Application
Please view our current licensed staff openings on educatekansas.org.
Cook/Cashier at CGJSHS (Classified Staff) - USD 417 is seeking applicants to fill a benefits-eligible 7-hour Cook/Cashier position at CGJSHS. Hours are 6:15 am-1:15 pm, Monday through Friday. Lunch provided. Holidays, nights, and weekends off.
Starting pay is $11.99/hr. Additional compensation for prior related work experience may be granted.
This position works under the supervision of the Food Service Director. Job duties include but are not limited to prepping food, cooking, serving, cleaning, and running the register in a fast paced environment. Applicants must have the ability to multitask, work as a team member, be on their feet for extended periods of time, be able to lift 30 lbs, and have efficient computer skills.
For more information call Becky, Food Service Director, at (620) 767-6763 or email email@example.com.
Custodian at CGJSHS (Classified Staff) - USD 417 is seeking applicants to fill a benefits-eligible Custodian
Activity/Substitute Bus Driver (Classified Staff) - USD 417 is seeking applicants to fill an opening as a route substitute/activity driver. Assistance training and obtaining a Commercial Driver's License (CDL) with S&P Endorsements will be provided.
Route substitutes make $33.00 per route and fill in for regular route drivers, typically with at least a week's notice. Training is provided to learn a route before a substitute is expected to drive a route on their own.
Activity drivers make $17.50 per hour, with a guaranteed 4 hours of pay for each trip. Activity drivers bus students to and from locations for athletic competitions, field trips, etc.during the school day in the afternoon/evening, and occasionally on Saturdays.
Route substitutes/activity drivers will be offered any benefits-eligible regular route driver openings before those positions are advertised.
1. High school graduate or equivalent.
2. Hold a valid Kansas Commercial Driver’s License (C.D.L. B or A with S & P Endorsements) OR ability to attend training and obtain Kansas Commercial Driver’s License
3. Thorough knowledge of traffic laws, bus regulations, district policies, rules, and transportation regulations.
4. Good driving skills.
5. No serious driving violations.
6. Ability to pass a bus driver physical examination.
7. Ability to pass a Medic First Aid Course.
8. Ability to pass a Defensive Driving Course.
9. Ability to maintain good discipline on bus.
10. Ability to get along well with students, patrons, and staff; exercising courtesy and tact.
11. Must be 18 years of age or over
12. Must attend and/or watch required safety meetings.
13. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as are determined to be appropriate and acceptable.
If you would like to request further information about becoming a school bus driver for USD 417, please contact Matt at 620-767-5192 or firstname.lastname@example.org.