USD 417 Vacancies
Activity/Sub Bus Route - USD 417 is seeking applicants to fill an opening as a route substitute/activity driver. Assistance training and obtaining a Commercial Driver's License (CDL) with S&P Endorsements will be provided.
Applicants who successfully complete training and obtain employment will receive an initial $150 signing bonus, with another $150 bonus being awarded at the end of the school year if the employee demonstrates and maintains a willingness to fill route and trip vacancies.
Route substitutes make $22.70 per route and fill in for regular route drivers, typically with at least a week's notice. Training is provided to learn a route before a substitute is expected to drive a route on their own.
Activity drivers make $12.15 per hour, with a guaranteed 4 hours of pay for each trip. Activity drivers bus students to and from locations for athletic competitions, field trips, etc.during the school day in the afternoon/evening, and occasionally on Saturdays.
Route substitutes/activity drivers will be offered any benefits-eligible regular route driver openings before those positions are advertised. Currently the district does not have any regular route openings, but we expect to have at least one opening after the 2019-2020 school year concludes.
1. High school graduate or equivalent.
2. Hold a valid Kansas Commercial Driver’s License (C.D.L. B or A with S & P Endorsements) OR ability to attend training and obtain Kansas Commercial Driver’s License
3. Thorough knowledge of traffic laws, bus regulations, district policies, rules, and transportation regulations.
4. Good driving skills.
5. No serious driving violations.
6. Ability to pass a bus driver physical examination.
7. Ability to pass a Medic First Aid Course.
8. Ability to pass a Defensive Driving Course.
9. Ability to maintain good discipline on bus.
10. Ability to get along well with students, patrons, and staff; exercising courtesy and tact.
11. Must be 18 years of age or over
12. Must attend and/or watch required safety meetings.
13. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as are determined to be appropriate and acceptable.
If you would like to request further information about becoming a school bus driver for USD 417, please contact Bryce at 620-767-5192 or firstname.lastname@example.org.